SVS Ultra Surround - Immersive Surround Sound Experience
High-definition movie and multi-channel music soundtracks demand a high-performance surround speaker. The Ultra Surround rises to the challenge, delivering immersive and thrilling surround sound effects rivalling the finest commercial cinemas. Finished in premium-grade piano gloss black, and featuring a compact driver array with 45-degree baffles and a shallow cabinet depth, the Ultra Surround integrates seamlessly into any upscale home theater.
Unique and Flexible Surround Sound Modes
For the ultimate in flexibility, the Ultra Surround can operate in three different surround sound modes:
- Bipole - both sets of drivers in phase.
- Dipole mode - both sets of drivers out of phase.
- Duet mode - each set of drivers receives a discrete signal.
Duet mode creates two separate speakers within one cabinet, allowing true 7-channel surround sound with just two surround speakers instead of the more common four. Duet mode is very useful for enthusiasts who want to experience discrete 7 channel surround sound, but who lack the space for a separate set of rear surround speakers.
The Ultra Surround also features an integral aluminum wall mounting bracket, with a safety catch feature which helps prevent the speaker from being inadvertently dislodged.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The stylish Ultra Surround cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
UltraSonic Drivers - Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The SVS UltraSonic drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Surround driver array features dual 1” aluminum dome tweeters and dual 5.5” woofers.
The 1” aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
The 5.5" woofer delivers excellent midrange detail and radiated sound power with surprisingly punchy bass response:
- A composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- A vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- An aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- A cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
SoundMatch Crossover Network - Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The Ultra Surround features dual isolated crossover networks to allow for bipole, dipole or the unique Duet operating modes. The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in outstanding total radiated sound power.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Dual Baffle Surround Loudspeaker
- Dimensions: 35 cm (H) X 31 cm (W) X 13 cm (D)
- Weight: 8.1 kg
- Piano gloss black finish.
- Dual independent gold-plated 5-way binding posts.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Aluminum wall mounting bracket with safety catch feature to help prevent inadvertent removal.
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- 1" tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio.
- 5.5" woofer:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
Unique Surround Sound Operating Modes:
- Bipole mode (both sets of drivers in phase).
- Dipole mode (both set of drivers out of phase).
- Duet mode (each set of drivers receives a discrete signal, creating two separate speakers within one cabinet).
- Duet mode allows true 7-channel surround sound with just one pair of surround speakers.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Dual isolated crossover networks allows for bipole, dipole or unique Duet mode.
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for outstanding total radiated sound power.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.0 kHz.
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- Non-parallel cabinet panels reduces axial standing waves within the cabinet, reducing frequency response coloration.
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 58 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz, bipolar mode).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts.
Al momento non è presente nessuna recensione. Torna a trovarci presto!
Al momento non è disponibile nessuna materiale da scaricare. Torna a trovarci periodicamente!